- Nomogram to predict overall survival after gallbladder cance... 2018-12-07
- Alcoholic liver disease: Utility of animal models 2018-12-07
- Yiguanjian decoction enhances fetal liver stem/progenitor ce... 2018-11-13
- Increased susceptibility of aging gastric mucosa to injury a... 2018-11-13
- Typing of pancreatic cancer-associated fibroblasts identifie... 2018-11-07
The World Journal of Gastroenterology (WJG) is an academic journal that publishes review articles and articles describing original research (basic or clinical) in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, gastrointestinal surgery, and gastrointestinal endoscopy. With the aim of advancing knowledge in each of these fields, the WJG gives topical priority to related major diseases and their clinical management; frequently published disease topics are gastric cancer, colorectal cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, pancreatic cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, hepatitis C, hepatitis B, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and liver transplantation. All articles published in the WJG comply with the Code of Conduct of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the requirements of Academic Rules and Norms. No restrictions are imposed on numbers of words, figures (color, B/W), tables or references for any articles published in the WJG, allowing authors to tell a whole story. The WJG readership audience is global, representing 221 countries and regions, with an average number of 55,000 visits to the online journal per day.
We encourage gastroenterologists and hepatologists worldwide to submit manuscripts to the WJG describing their original basic or clinical research findings that are of high academic value and which report new diagnostic techniques or summarize their treatment experiences.
The usual times related to all publication processes of the WJG are as follows: (1) From manuscript receipt to peer-review: 2-4 weeks; (2) From initial manuscript acceptance, with revisions, to return of the revised manuscript from the authors: 4-5 weeks; (3) From return of the revised manuscript from the authors to final acceptance: 1-2 weeks; (4) From final acceptance to an article in press: 2 days; and (5) From article in press designation to formal release of the electronic version and all online documentation: 2-9 weeks. The WJG’s acceptance rate: 35%. Submit here >>
- Andrzej S Tarnawski, DSc, MD, PhD, Professor, (E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org) Chief Gastroenterology, VA Long Beach Health Care System, University of California, Long Beach, CA 90822, United States