- Goblet cell carcinoids of the appendix: Tumor biology, mutat... 2016-11-03
- Advances in minimally invasive neonatal colorectal surgery 2016-11-03
- Short-term and middle-term evaluation of laparoscopic hepate... 2016-10-13
- Barium appendicitis: A single institution review in Japan 2016-10-13
- Can the prognosis of colorectal cancer be improved by surger... 2016-09-02
The World Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery (WJGS) is a leading academic journal devoted to reporting the latest, cutting-edge research progress and findings of basic research and clinical practice in the field of gastrointestinal surgery. It was launched on November 30, 2009 and is published monthly (12 issues annually) by BPG, the world's leading professional clinical medical journal publishing company.
We encourage surgical specialists worldwide to submit manuscripts to the WJGS describing their original basic or clinical research findings that are of high academic value and which report new diagnostic techniques or summarize their treatment experiences.
The usual times related to all publication processes of the WJGS are as follows: (1) From manuscript receipt to peer-review: 2-4 weeks; (2) From initial manuscript acceptance, with revisions, to return of the revised manuscript from the authors: 4-5 weeks; (3) From return of the revised manuscript from the authors to final acceptance: 1-2 weeks; (4) From final acceptance to an article in press: 2 days; and (5) From article in press designation to formal release of the electronic version and all online documentation: 2-9 weeks. The WJGS’s acceptance rate: 35%. Submit here >>
Timothy Pawlik, MD, Director, ProfessorIndexing/Abstracting
Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science), PubMed, and PubMed Central.Journal Metrics
There is currently no impact factor.ISSN